12 Things You Need To Know About Me…
1. Something you would never guess about me is that I love to shop and spend money. I enjoy shopping for just about anything and could spend hours doing it. I could outlast most women on a shopping expedition. I have a routine and method when I shop so don’t get in my way. Oh yeah….I love to grow my own vegetables and herbs too. I am one inch from becoming a vegetarian everyday…..then I remember all of the wonderful flavors I would miss out on from meat.
2. If I could cook in the same kitchen with any other chef it would be Gordon Ramsay, without a doubt. He and I share the same passion and perfectionism when it comes to producing good food. We have the same goal of what I call “Culinary Perfection”.
3. One of my most memorable meals was at Las Casitas Restaurant at the CasaMagna Marriott in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The Fish Tacos with Manchego Cheese, White Cabbage and Cilantro Remoulade and the Crab Enchiladas with Manchego Cheese, Carrot & Jicama Slaw, and Roasted Tomato Chile Sauce were enough to make anyone happier than a Hobo with a Ham Sandwich!
4. If there was no Hot Peppers, I’d have no reason to eat.
5. My go to drink is Corralejo Tequila Reposado made from one of the finest tequilerias in Guanajuato Mexico, and The Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewery in Kansas City, MO.
6. If I had to choose a “Last Meal” it would be My Dad’s Collard Greens, Elizabeth’s Baked Beans, my Mom’s Spinach Souffle and Sheridan’s Frozen Chocolate Custard.
7. My favorite junk food is Butter Braided Pretzels, Peanut M & M’s, and icy cold A & W Root Beer.
8. If I was not a Chef I would be …..Bored……ha ha ha ha ha…..but seriously folks….if I wasn’t a Chef I would be unemployed.
9. If I could change one thing about me it would be where I live. I have a strong desire and need to live on or damn close to a beach.
10. The biggest influences / supporters in my life have been my amazing parents John and Judy and my awesome wife Elizabeth.
11. What is the one kitchen utensil that you can’t live without? Duhh……..that would be a spoon…….I have tons of spoons……I can do anything with a spoon……it’s to the point that some would say that I have an obsession with spoons.
12. Favorite quote – “You can’t make chicken from chicken shit!”