5 Things I can’t live Without:
1. Hot Sauce. It’s my favorite ingredient and my favorite condiment. I put it on or in everything. I have hot sauces in my pantry from all over the world in varying degrees of spiciness and flavors. I have more hot sauces in my kitchen than I do anything else. Perhaps it’s an addiction. It’s good in sauces, dressings, soups, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner……I could go on and on…..
2. Ice Cold Water. All day long I drink lots of cold water. The colder the better. Not to mention all of the health benefits that go along with drinking water, It seems to give me an added “pep in my step” or boost of energy when I drink a nice big glass of cold water. Quite refreshing!
3. Fresh Chopped Herbs. Nothing gives that added punch to foods better than fresh chopped herbs. I’ve always been a fanatic about using fresh chopped herbs to give that final elevation to foods. Toss some fresh chopped basil in pasta and sauce, throw some chopped fresh cilantro in all kinds of foods; chili, tacos, salsas, eggs, salads, yadda, yadda, yadda…..My favorites are Cilantro, Oregano, Chives, and Mint. Think about the possibilities, they are endless.
4. Chocolate. In any shape or form. I am a self-admitted “ChocoHolic” !
5. Olive Oil. A good Extra Virgin Olive Oil goes a long way. “Extra Virgin” means that the oil was produced by the use of physical means and no chemical treatment was used. It has a very low acidity and a very superior taste. I like to use it not only in cooking, but also at the table. It is great in salads, pastas soups, stews, and as a dip for breads or rolls. For something really different and tasty try topping your baked potato with some good olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, and kosher salt instead of butter and sour cream. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
I’d like to hear some of my fans responses to 5 Things You Can’t Live Without so please leave some comments…..